The Good Neighbor Fund (GNF) was established in September 2020 and launched in February 2021. This program was formed to strengthen families and individuals by offering assistance and coordinating low/no-cost vet care to allow Goochland families to keep their pets healthy and in their homes.
The Good Neighbor Fund provides need-based financial assistance for preventive and minor/basic pet care for Goochland residents who reside at up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
If you need assistance in caring for your dog or cat and believe you are eligible for the GNF just follow the steps below to get your appointment for your pet:
1. Please read the GNF Requirements and Eligibility Policy to see if you qualify.
2. Here is a Current Federal Poverty Guidelines Table. GNF is available to Goochland residents who reside at up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
3. If you qualify, please print and complete this GNF Application.
4. Next, please print and complete the GNF Consent to Treatment and Waiver of Liability Agreement.
5. Now you can submit your paperwork in one of two ways: Drop off and/or Complete your forms at the Goochland County Animal Shelter & Adoption Center located at 1900 Hidden Rock Lane anytime between Tuesday and Saturday from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm or call 804.556.LOVE and press option 2 to have someone help you complete the form over the phone.
Next Deadline for Paperwork - March 3, 2021
Mobile Vet Unit Appointment - March 13 from 1:00pm - 3:00pm at Goochland Elementary School
If you would like to schedule a future appointment, here is our Upcoming Paperwork Deadlines and Mobile Vet Unit Location Dates
If you have any questions or need assistance with completing your forms please email GNF@goochlandpetlovers.com or call 804.556.5683, option #2.
Spread the Word
Do you know someone who is in need and would benefit from the Good Neighbor Fund? Please share our GNF flyer with them:
Please tell them about the program or have them email us at GNF@goochlandpetlovers.com.
Would you like to help someone in need by making a donation? Donate Here and thank you so much!
Would you like to Volunteer? Please email GNF@goochlandpetlovers.com if you would be interested in driving pets to their appointments when the owners are unable to, assisting clients with registration and paperwork, or helping on-site at our Mobile Vet Unit monthly appointment date.